Thursday, June 7, 2007

Bourbon or Scotch??

So, I went to The Great Whisk(e)y Debate last night at Churchill Downs. Basically, it was a debate between two distillers about their products. I'll write more about it when I get a chance -- and probably post some pictures. It was a great evening -- and I learned a lot about scotch, which I knew little about. It definitely has its own unique taste, but not a taste I'd give my bourbon up for.

We sampled Laphroaig single-malt scotch -- and I must admit it was nasty, even though it was a free sample. It smelled like charred ass and tasted like the stuff I put on canker sores. I actually left my shot sitting on the table -- and that never happens.

Stay tuned 4 thingz I learnt ...

3 comments:

Woodford Man said...

Definitely bourbon. I drink only one brand of Scotch (Glenmorangie) and rarely drink it. However, I love me some bourbon and finding new and different brands (but can you guess my favorite?)

I think Scotch is for those consumers who get a bit bored with bourbon and are looking for a new taste (I'm just not there yet).

The Bar Belle said...

Makers?

Woodford Man said...

I would rather drink sweat from gym socks