Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Today's Reason To Drink

"All excess is ill, but drunkenness is of the worst sort. It spoils health, dismounts the mind, and unmans men. It reveals secrets, is quarrelsome, lascivious, impudent, dangerous and bad." —William Penn

I think dismounting the mind is hot, but I do agree with the revealing secrets part. That's probably my worst habit -- spilling too much information at inappropriate times. Every secret I've ever tried to keep comes right out into the open after a little bourbon. Is this a good thing or a bad thing? You tell me. It's nice to be free from hiding something, but it leaves you vulnerable and sometimes ends friendships.

3 comments:

Woodford Man said...

it's a double edged sword. it loosens you up so you can relax and be yourself. Sometimes too loose. that's why I'm glad I'm a sleepy drunk, so I just want to go to bed.

Flux Capacitor said...

It makes me want to go to bed too, but not to sleep......and there in lies a second bad thing that drinking can make you do.....

The Bar Belle said...

Oooh, that sounds dirty. I like it!